Notice of Non-Discrimination
DAYTON SCHOOL DISTRICT DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE IN ANY PROGRAMS OR ACTIVITIES ON THE BASIS OF SEX, RACE, CREED, RELIGION, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, VETERAN OR MILITARY STATUS, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER EXPRESSION OR IDENTITY, DISABILITY, OR THE USE OF A TRAINED DOG GUIDE OR SERVICE ANIMAL AND PROVIDES EQUAL ACCESS TO THE BOY SCOUTS AND OTHER DESIGNATED YOUTH GROUPS. THE FOLLOWING EMPLOYEE(S) HAVE BEEN DESIGNATED TO HANDLE QUESTIONS AND COMPLAINTS OF ALLEGED DISCRIMINATION:
TITLE IX OFFICER - SUPERINTENDENT GUY STROT
609 S 2nd St., Dayton, WA 99328 509-382-2543 firstname.lastname@example.org
504 COORDINATOR - KRISTINA BROWN
614 S 3rd St., Dayton, WA 99328 509-382-2543 email@example.com
CIVIL RIGHTS COMPLIANCE COORDINATOR - JANA EATON
609 S 2nd St., Dayton, WA 99328 509-382-2543 firstname.lastname@example.org
QUESTIONS OR COMPLAINTS CAN BE DIRECTED TO THE DISTRICT OFFICE LOCATED AT 609 S 2ND ST, DAYTON, WA 99328 OR BY PHONE AT 509-382-2543.
INFORMATION FOR SCHOOL-AGE YOUTH
IF YOU LIVE IN ANY OF THE FOLLOWING SITUATIONS:
- In a shelter
- In a motel or campground due to the lack of an alternative adequate accommodation
- In a car, park, abandoned building, or bus or train station
- Doubled up with other people due to loss of housing or economic hardship
You may qualify for certain rights and protections under the federal McKinney-Vento Act.
Eligible students have the right to:
- Receive a free, appropriate public education.
- Enroll in school immediately, even if lacking documents normally required for enrollment.
- Enroll in school and attend classes while the school gathers needed documents.
- Enroll in the local school; or continue attending their school of origin (the school they attended when permanently housed or the school in which they were last enrolled), if that is their preference.
- If the school district believes that the school selected is not in his/her best interest, then the district must provide the student with a written explanation of its position and inform the student of his/her right to appeal its decision.
- Receive transportation to and from the school of origin, if requested
- Receive educational services comparable to those provided to other students, according to the students' needs.