Dayton School District Superintendent Search
**Deadline has been extended to January 17th
The Board of Directors of Dayton School District announces its search for a superintendent. Interested candidates are invited to apply by visiting the employment page on the Educational Service District 123’s website at www.esd123.org/employment. The application deadline is January 17th.
The historic town of Dayton is located in southeast Washington in Columbia County. Nestled in the valley at the base of the Blue Mountains, Dayton is home to locally-owned businesses and restaurants and the support of prominent community organizations and service clubs.
A close-knit community, Dayton School District is comprised of one elementary school and a combined middle/high school. Through financial stability, quality staff, and a supportive community, the district is committed to promoting academic excellence and opportunities for each student.
- District Enrollment: 392
- Staff Members: 89
- District Offerings: 4th/5th Grade Ski Program at Ski Bluewood (just 20 minutes away), FFA, FBLA, CTE classes, college in the high school, Knowledge Bowl, and more.
The application packet must contain the following:
- Formal letter of application
- Complete application (available online here)
- Current resume
- Copy of administrative license or proof of eligibility to obtain one
Applicants shall not contact school board member directly. Initial screening and preliminary interviews will be conducted by the Review Committee (per RCW 28A.310.170).
- January 10 - Application deadline (or until filled)
- January 17 - Screening and reference checks
- Late January (TBD) - Interviews
- Selection by the Board of Directors to follow (no later than February 5th)
- July 1 - Selected superintendent reports
Applications must be submitted online at www.esd123.org
All inquiries should be addressed to:
Mr. Darcy Weisner, Superintendent Educational Service District 123 PH: 509-544-5785