- Dayton has TWO levy proposals on the February 11th election
- These are four-year replacement levies and are not new taxes
- If voters approve the 2020 levies, Dayton tax rates are expected to decrease in 2021
- The combined tax rates* for Dayton’s EP&O Levy and Capital Levy are as follows:
- 2020 = $1.93
- 2021 = $1.70
- 2022 = $1.60
- 2023 = $1.63
- 2024 = $1.66
- Ballots should arrive in mailboxes by January 24th
- Find voting information or register to vote online at wei.sos.wa.gov
- Washington State law provides tax breaks for senior citizens and individuals who are disabled. For more information on qualifications, contact the Columbia County Assessor’s Office at 509-382-2131.
- Remember to return your ballots by February 11th
- Smaller classroom staffing
- Career & Technical Education (CTE), Vocational, and STEM programs
- Extra-curricular activities
- Student health services and nurses
- School counselors
- …and more!
- Technology infrastructure, improvements, and upgrades
- Safety and security systems
- Facility maintenance and operations
- Efficiency improvements, such as HVAC and electrical systems
- …and more!
On February 11, 2020, the Dayton School Board will place two measures on voters’ ballots: an Educational Programs & Operations (EP&O) Levy and a Capital Technology & Facilities Levy. Both measures will replace Dayton’s current, expiring levies that were approved by voters in 2016. The 2020 levies are NOT new taxes.
If approved by voters, Dayton’s 2020 levies will be used to support school programs and facilities not fully funded by the state. Learn more about Dayton’s levy proposals here on our website, or by contacting the Superintendent’s Office at 509-382-2543.
2020 Dayton Levy Quick Facts:
* Rates shown are per $1,000 assessed property value.
What do levy dollars fund in Dayton schools?
A Look at the Numbers:
Capital Levy total collection amounts:
2021 = $250,000
2022 = $150,000
2023 = $150,000
2024 = $150,000
EP&O Levy estimated collection amounts:
2021 = $1.05 million
2022 = $1.07 million
2023 = $1.09 million
2024 = $1.12 million
Estimated Tax Rates
(Based on approval of the Feb. 2020 measure)
|Year||EP&O Levy (formerly M&O)||Capital Technology & Facilities Levy||Total Tax Rate for Both Levies|